ASAP ! That’s when you want to be seen when you’re in distress, whether for toothache relief, a broken tooth, an abscess, or any number of dental disorders.
At Everlast Professional Dental, we set aside appointment time every day for emergencies. Depending on your condition, we will do our best to see you the same day and get you out of pain.
We here to help. Call us at 916-726-1819 or click HERE to schedule an appointment.
When a toothache suddenly flares up, it can be one of the most distracting pains known to man. No one wants to suffer through it for long.
As Shakespeare wrote in Much Ado About Nothing:
“For there was never yet philosopher
That could endure the toothache patiently.”
Dental emergencies with toothache include:
- Broken tooth or missing filling.
- Advanced tooth decay.
- Infected or abscessed tooth.
- Dry Socket (a painful condition after extraction).
- Need for a root canal.
What Can You Do Before Your Appointment?
Some simple and effective actions include:
- Rinse your mouth with warm water.
- Don’t apply aspirin to the area, as aspirin may damage your gums.
- Cap a lost filling with a piece of sugarless gum until you reach the dentist.
- Gently apply gauze to stop any bleeding.
- Apply a cold compress to the outside of your mouth to reduce swelling and pain.
- If your tooth has been knocked out, rinse it gently in cold water, call your dentist immediately and follow your dentist’s instructions.
- The best chance of successfully saving the tooth is to be seen within 1 hour.
- For pain, take an over-the-counter pain reliever such as Tylenol or Advil. Do not exceed recommended doses!
- Never use a pin or sharp object to remove items caught between your teeth.
- Swab the sensitive area with clove oil (available at your local drug store).
Always talk Dr. Nguyen or one of our team members first before taking any action. Call us at 916-726-1819