Online Schedule a FREE consultation
Every hour of every day in North America someone dies of oral cancer
Historically the primary risk factors for oral cancer included tobacco use, frequent and/or excessive alcohol consumption, a compromised immune system, and past history of cancer, with a high percentage of victims being males over the age of 40.
What are the symptoms of Oral cancer?
The most common symptoms of oral cancer include:
• Swellings/thickenings, lumps or bumps, rough spots/crusts/or eroded areas on the lips, gums, or other areas inside the mouth
• The development of velvety white, red, or speckled (white and red) patches in the mouth
• Unexplained bleeding in the mouth
• Unexplained numbness, loss of feeling, or pain/tenderness in any area of the face, mouth, or neck
• Persistent sores on the face, neck, or mouth that bleed easily and do not heal within 2 weeks
• A soreness or feeling that something is caught in the back of the throat
• Difficulty chewing or swallowing, speaking, or moving the jaw or tongue
• A change in the way your teeth or dentures fit together
Benefits of Early Detection
We believe that the key to increasing the percentage of oral cancers discovered in early stages is two-fold:
• First, to ensure that all patients are screened at least annually for oral cancer using the conventional “white light” exam (a visual and manual examination of the oral cavity, head, and neck), and
• Second, to supplement that conventional exam with an exam using an effective adjunctive screening device.
• Found early, oral cancer’s five-year survival rate is 80% to 85%.
• Found late, oral cancer’s five-year survival rate is only about 50%
Nha-An Nguyen, DDS Inc. DBA Everlast Dental - 7400 Sunrise Blvd Ste A, Citrus Heights, CA 95610. Phone: 916-726-1819
Cosmetic and Invisalign certified. Everlast Dental of Citrus Heights, CA. We make beautiful smiles a reality. Quality dental care provided by Citrus Heights Dentist Nha An Nguyen, DDS and staff at our beautiful CA office. Providing a wide array of dental procedures including dental Implant restorations, white (composite) fillings, porcelain crowns, Teeth Whitening, Bridges, Smile Makeovers, Veneers, Teeth Whitening, affordable dentures, comprehensive periodontal care program to treat gum disease, bleeding, receding gums and many other services. An affordable dental plan is offering at our office.